Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sound Map


I decided to map the ubiquitous shopping plaza. I chose the Publix Town Center, which I had never visited, but was strikingly familiar to any of the other strips I often frequent to do my grocery shopping. Since it was the early morning when I arrived, there were hardly any people around, and the sounds of "nature" still overpowered what would normally be drowned out by the sounds of busy shoppers. I decided to pick six locations around the plaza, and map my presence upon the space by recording the sounds of my body and use of specific objects found in the area (i.e. my footsteps, dialing the telephone, crunching of dried brush against the pavement). To listen to the samples collected from my site you can visit this link: http://cristinamolina.com/cristinamolina.com/map.html

No comments:

Post a Comment