Thursday, September 9, 2010

Gum and Man Holes



I went to go visit this small park on University. Unfortunately, the park did not live up to my expectations and I was very disappointed, It was fenced in grass!

On my walk back I started to pay close attention to the ground and how everything was laid out. I noticed that the where many different manhole covers. So, the next day I went back to the man hole covers armed with a stick of graphite and large sheet of paper. I created a map by making rubbings of the man holes.

For my second map, I noticed that there was a certain section of pavement that had numerous gum spots. I wanted to connect the gum spots similar to creating a constellation. I took at photo of the gum and created a gel medium transfer and used mylar and ink to create the lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment