Friday, September 3, 2010

Map it up, babygirls

I collaborated with Lu to map greetings. We used the number of people we were able to greet as a way to know when to make a turn. The density, reluctance, speed, chance sidewalk placement of the people we passed makes this map one of constant flux. While the starting point was fixed, the destination is to be filled in anew each time this map is followed. Lu and I then repeated this map separately, which caused different personal perceptions/fears and different reactions.

I followed Logan's map, which was a series of images leading me into a bathroom. His map seemed stamped with the images he presented last week, gestural and minimal, heavy shapes with lots of white space. The gestures were easy to follow, however. Logan gave me just enough information (and nothing more) to find his treasure-- those footprints in the men's room in FAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment