Thursday, November 4, 2010

Microscope Fun

Here are a few short movies using the microscopes.

1) Find The Spider



I was recalling an old urban wise tale I had heard as a kid, that you can find a spider hidden in the dollar bill. I thought I remembered it being in the lower right corner, but a few sites on the internet said it was in the upper right corner. It was interesting to me because even after a number of design revisions since I was a child, the urban legend continues to this day, even with the newer design of the dollar bill.

2) Revisions




I'm not going to get into it in depth here, but one thing that has always bothered me about our money is the saying "in God we trust." I feel it's high time we made a revision to this wording...

3) Texture Value




This was just a fun experiment after I noticed the built in filters of the microscope helped bring out the texture of the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment