Friday, October 15, 2010

insert reality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPs85Tb7Vdm.html

The link above is to a short video from the tour we took of the Medical Building's basement --
I've been playing around with all the footage I took and envisioned doing a piece with all the "Air Supply" signs and the odd blue rooms that would kill our skin if the glass or the door weren't there (even looking at that video I felt a little sick knowing the harmful effects of that light/room)...The piece would have then faded into a few seconds of someone gasping for air or maybe with a big air ventilator mask on (the kind that we have to pay the university to use - go figure)

However - after looking at all of this put somewhat together I scrapped it realizing that it wasn't me...it wasn't work I would do now...So this short video above is of a single image really - an image one of us most likely created???? But maybe not... A chalk board in a remote location in one of the dusty corners of the basement with the words "I reject your reality and insert my own."

Whether it was one of our classmates or a facility worker or a random person walking the basements doesn't really matter it was here and to me it was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment